Yoga for Irritable Bladder
What is an Irritable Bladder?
Overactive bladder, also called OAB, causes a frequent and sudden urge to urinate that may be difficult to control. You may feel like you need to pass urine many times during the day and night, and may also experience unintentional loss of urine (urgency incontinence).
If you have an overactive bladder, you may feel embarrassed, isolate yourself, or limit your work and social life. The good news is that a brief evaluation can determine whether there’s a specific cause for your overactive bladder symptoms.
You may be able to manage symptoms of an overactive bladder with simple behavioral strategies, such as dietary changes, timed voiding, and bladder-holding techniques using your pelvic floor muscles. If these initial efforts don’t help enough with your overactive bladder symptoms, additional treatments are available.
Symptoms of Irritable Bladder
If you have an overactive bladder, you may:
- Feel a sudden urge to urinate that’s difficult to control.
- Experience unintentional loss of urine immediately after an urgent need to urinate (urgency incontinence).
- Urinate frequently, usually eight or more times in 24 hours.
- Wake up more than two times in the night to urinate (nocturia).
- Even if you can get to the toilet in time when you sense an urge to urinate, unexpected frequent urination and nighttime urination can disrupt your life.
What is Yoga?
According to Bhagwad Gita Equanimity, Stability, Balance, Harmony, Equipoise is yoga i.e. Samatvam Yoga Ucchyate.
According to Sage Vashistha, yoga is the skill to calm down the mind i.e. Manah Prasanna up ayah yoga.
And according to Great Sage Maharishi Patanjali yoga is the cessation of mental modifications i.e. Yoga is to gain mastery over modifications of Mind.
According to Guruji Shubham Barwala Ji, yoga is the recognition of Mental Modifications the moment they arise in our consciousness.
According to Guruji Neeraj Medharthi, Ji Yoga is the state of perfect balance.
Panch Kosha Based Yoga Therapy or Yoga for Irritable Bladder
Yogic Management for Irritable Bladder
Annamaya Kosha – Yoga for Irritable Bladder
- Restriction in fluid intake
- Coffee/tea/alcohol/smoking/diuretics should be avoided.
- Sugar/sweets should be avoided.
- Ashwini mudra + viprit karani
- Uddiyana bandha + Mooladhara bandha
- Yoga mudra
- Jala neti/Sutra neti
- Avoid kapalabhati
- Vamana dhauti
Pranamaya Kosha – Yoga for Irritable Bladder
– All except bhastrika
Manomaya kosha – Yoga for Irritable Bladder
- Yoga Nidra
- Emotional counseling
- Mind Sound Resonance Technique (M.S.R.T.)
Vijnanamaya Kosha – Yoga for Irritable Bladder
– Counseling on how to control urination during urgency – through slow chanting
Anandamaya Kosha – Yoga for Irritable Bladder
– Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Spend time with family and loved ones.
Explore this Health Topic to learn more about Yoga for Irritable Bladder, the role of yoga and yoga therapy for various diseases, and where to find more information regarding it.
Read more about Yoga for Irritable Bladder
Leave a Comment